- Traditional public-key cryptography (IEEE Std 1363-2000 and 1363a-2004)
- Lattice-based public-key cryptography (P1363.1)
- Password-based public-key cryptography (P1363.2)
- Identity-based public-key cryptography using pairings (P1363.3)
The chair of the working group as of October 2008 is William Whyte of NTRU Cryptosystems, Inc., who has served since August 2001. Former chairs were Ari Singer, also of NTRU (1999-2001), and Burt Kaliski of RSA Security (1994-1999).
Traditional public-key cryptography (IEEE Std 1363-2000 and 1363a-2004) Edit
Key agreement schemes Edit
- DL/ECKAS-DH1 and DL/ECKAS-DH2 (Discrete Logarithm/Elliptic Curve Key Agreement Scheme, Diffie-Hellman version): This includes both traditional Diffie-Hellman and Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman.
- DL/ECKAS-MQV (Discrete Logarithm/Elliptic Curve Key Agreement Scheme, Menezes-Qu-Vanstone version)
Signature schemes Edit
- DL/ECSSA (Discrete Logarithm/Elliptic Curve Signature Scheme with Appendix): Includes four main variants: DSA, ECDSA, Nyberg-Rueppel, and Elliptic Curve Nyberg-Rueppel.
- IFSSA (Integer Factorization Signature Scheme with Appendix): Includes two variants of RSA, Rabin-Williams, and ESIGN, with several message encoding methods. "RSA1 with EMSA3" is essentially PKCS#1 v1.5 RSA signature; "RSA1 with EMSA4 encoding" is essentially RSA-PSS; "RSA1 with EMSA2 encoding" is essentially ANSI X9.31 RSA signature.
- DL/ECSSR (Discrete Logarithm/Elliptic Curve Signature Scheme with Recovery)
- DL/ECSSR-PV (Discrete Logarithm/Elliptic Curve Signature Scheme with Recovery, Pintsov-Vanstone version)
- IFSSR (Integer Factorization Signature Scheme with Recovery)
Encryption schemes Edit
- IFES (Integer Factorization Encryption Scheme): Essentially RSA encryption with Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding (OAEP).
- DL/ECIES (Discrete Logarithm/Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme): Essentially the "DHAES" variant of ElGamal encryption.
- IFES-EPOC (Integer Factorization Encryption Scheme, EPOC version)
Lattice-based public key cryptography (P1363.1) Edit
Password-based public-key cryptography (P1363.2) Edit
This document includes a number of password-authenticated key agreement schemes, and a password-authenticated key retrieval scheme.
- BPKAS-PAK (Balanced Password-Authenticated Key Agreement Scheme, version PAK)
- BPKAS-PPK (version PPK)
- BPKAS-SPEKE (version SPEKE)
- APKAS-AMP (Augmented Password-Authenticated Key Agreement Scheme, version AMP)
- APKAS-BSPEKE2 (version BSPEKE2)
- APKAS-PAKZ (version PAKZ)
- APKAS-SRP3 and SRP6 (version Secure Remote Password (SRP) 3 and 6)
- APKAS-SRP5 (version Secure Remote Password (SRP) 5)
- APKAS-WSPEKE (version WSPEKE)
- PKRS-1 (Password Authenticated Key Retrieval Scheme, version 1)
Identity-based public key cryptography based on pairings (P1363.3) Edit
This project was approved September 2005; First complete draft available at , May 2008 (pdf).
- IEEE Std 1363-2000: IEEE Standard Specifications for Public-Key Cryptography
- IEEE Std 1363a-2004: IEEE Standard Specifications for Public-Key Cryptography - Amendment 1: Additional Techniques
- IEEE P1363.1/D9: Draft Standard for Public-Key Cryptographic Techniques Based on Hard Problems over Lattices (Draft D9, January 2007)
- IEEE P1363.2/D26: Draft Standard for Specifications for Password-based Public Key Cryptographic Techniques (Draft D26, September 2006)